Effective, January 1, 2017 there will no longer be Wedding Ceremonies performed on Saturday mornings at the Ventura County Government Center.
This is due to the passage of Assembly Bill 2761 (Chapter 528)
CIVIL WEDDING CEREMONY
After purchasing your marriage license, you have 90 days to have a ceremony performed. The County Clerk’s Office will perform a civil ceremony for $45.00. The ceremony takes place in the County Clerk’s Office, Government Center, Hall of Administration, Main Plaza, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura. Bring at least one witness. For confidential marriage license weddings, a witness is not required. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Appointments are highly recommended. Please call (805) 654-2263. If you require any special accommodations due to a disability, please contact our office beforehand so we can assist you with your request. Types of Payment: Cash, Check and Debit and Credit cards.
Marriage ceremonies are also available at the Thousand Oaks location by appointment only. If couples are 15 minutes late, the appointment will need to be rescheduled. If parties have more than 15 guests, the ceremony will have to be performed in Ventura. Couples must bring at least 1 witness if they are having a ceremony performed. The Thousand Oaks office cannot provide a witness. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call (805) 654-2263 or (805) 449-2157 to schedule an appointment.
A civil ceremony is also available on Saturday morning for $65.00 (cash only). A judge or the Commissioner of Civil Marriages performs the ceremony. The ceremony is performed at the Government Center, Hall of Administration, Main Lobby, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura, California. No appointment necessary. Guests may attend the wedding ceremony. Arrive prior to 9:00 a.m., any Saturday morning. Sign in with the security guard. Weddings are performed on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring a valid marriage license and at least one witness. For confidential marriage license weddings, a witness is not required.
DEPUTY COMMISSIONER FOR CIVIL MARRIAGE FOR A DAY
The Ventura County Clerk and Recorder’s office offers an opportunity for individuals to be deputized for a day to perform a wedding ceremony. The couple requesting to be deputized should complete the form provided on our website or send a letter providing the following information:
● Name of the parties
● Full name of the person to be deputized
● Telephone number and address of the contact person
● The date of the wedding
● A brief reason as to why this person is requesting to perform the marriage ceremony.
Mail the request with a check or money order for $84.00 to:
Ventura County Clerk and Recorder
Attn: County Clerk/DCCM
800 South. Victoria Avenue
Ventura, CA 93009-1260
Please Note: Once the request is received, a letter of approval will be mailed to the requestor. The confirmation letter will request the individual who is to be deputized to contact our office to make an appointment to take the oath. The deputizing process takes approximately 15 minutes. The $84.00 fee must be paid before or at the time the oath is administered. Walk-ins are not accepted.
If have any questions, please call our office at (805) 654-2263.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT CEREMONY
1. Contact the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office at (805) 477-7143 to make special arrangements (day/time/place/cost) for the Commissioner of Civil Marriages or a Deputy to perform a wedding ceremony on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday at a time and/or place other than Saturday morning in the Hall of Administration, or
2. Contact the Judge’s secretary at (805) 289-8822 to make special arrangements (day/time/place/cost) for a Judge to perform a wedding ceremony on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday at a time and/or place other than Saturday morning in the Hall of Administration, or
3. Contact a wedding chapel (refer to the telephone book yellow pages) or a minister, priest, or rabbi.