HOW TO OBTAIN A COPY OF A VITAL RECORD
The Recorder’s Office maintains vital records for Births, Deaths, and Marriages in Ventura County from 1873 to present. The fees for certified copies are listed below and this fee is nonrefundable. If a record is not found, a Certificate of No Record will be issued.
Birth Certificate – $20.00
Death Certificate -$16.00
Marriage Certificate – $14.00
For a certified copy of confidential marriage, please contact the County Clerk’s Office – (805) 654-2263.
The information required to obtain copies of Vital Records are the names of the individuals and the dates of events.
- Name of the person as it appears on the Certificate
- Date of Event
- Number of copies desired
- Applications for Certified copy:
- Birth Certificate Application
- Death Certificate Application
- Marriage Certificate Application
- Sworn Statement / Certificate of Acknowledgment (Notarized) for (BIRTH, DEATH and MARRIAGE Certificates)
- Your day time phone number
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope
- A check or money order for the required fees
- Mail Request to:
MARK A. LUNN
County Clerk and Recorder
800 S. Victoria Ave.
Location # 1260
Ventura, CA 93009
|Certificate||Order Placement Methods||First Copy||Additional Copies|
NOTE: The Ventura County Clerk and Recorder’s Office does not accept credit cards or online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service.
VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through its website, www.vitalchek.com. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.