Ventura County Elections is hiring temporary workers! $17.50 an hour. – Click here to apply online
Due to concerns over the Coronavirus and based on orders from state and local health officials, effective July 20, the following has been implemented:
- Both of the department’s offices (Ventura and Thousand Oaks East County office) are closed for in-person services.
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents by appointment only.*
- Marriage ceremonies will be suspended until further notice.
- All over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended until further notice. All recordings may be submitted electronically** or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended until further notice.
*When visiting our office, you must submit to health screening before entering the building, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and face coverings are required.
The services listed below are still available online or by mail. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- **Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Welcome to the County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters Website
ABOUT THE VENTURA COUNTY CLERK-RECORDER, REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
The County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters is an elective office with three divisions: The County Clerk, Recorder and Elections (Registrar of Voters).
The County Clerk issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
The Recorder is responsible for the recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees and other documents affecting title to real property in Ventura County. The division also maintains Uniform Commercial Code filings: subdivision maps and, vital statistics including birth, death and marriages within the county. This Division also creates digital images of real property and vital records and provides and maintains an efficient retrieval system to support public for this information. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
The Elections Division conducts all Federal, State, County, school and special district elections in the County, as well as the general municipal elections for all 10 Ventura County cities. It administers voter registration and outreach programs, maintains the master voter file, master office and incumbent file, and master street index. The division also; processes Vote By Mail ballot requests and all voted ballots, as well as the layout and proofing of all sample ballots, official ballots, and voter information materials. Other essential responsibilities include; establishing precinct boundaries and polling place locations, recruiting and training precinct workers, maintaining tests and distributing voting equipment and conducting the official election canvass.