Due to concerns over the Coronavirus, and based on orders from state and local health officials, effective March 18 through May 31, the following has been implemented:
- Both of the department’s offices (Ventura and Thousand Oaks East County office) are closed to the public except for marriage license issuance by appointment only at the Ventura office.
- Marriage licenses will be issued by appointment only in Ventura beginning May 4, 2020, with the following requirements:
- Appointment only (805) 654-2263
- Building entry limited to the two applicants
- At least one applicant must be a Ventura County resident (with exceptions for active military and first responders); identification required
- Application must be completed online in advance at http://apps.countyofventura.org/ailis5/; applicants without internet access can call (805) 654-2263 and request an application be mailed to them
- Must submit to County screening to gain building entry
- Must bring and wear masks and adhere to social distancing protocols during the entire visit; masks will not be provided
- Marriage ceremonies are suspended until further notice, no exceptions.
- All over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended until further notice. All recordings may be submitted electronically or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended until further notice.
The services listed below are still available online or by mail. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice with the exception of the above-mentioned marriage license issuance.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, VitalChek.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, VitalChek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
If you have any questions, you can reach us at (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- Stay Well at Home Press Release – Public Health Officer Issues local Order to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Stay Well at Home Order
- Stay Well at Home Order (Spanish)
The County Clerk Division issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution, and State and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2020, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees