Effective July 1, 2022, marriage ceremonies will now cost $50.00
Effective January 1, 2022 there will be a fee increase to purchase certified copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates
Effective January 1, 2022, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees
In person services are offered by appointment only!
- We respect your time. Why wait in line?
- Operating by appointment only is safer and more efficient! Customers receive personal, one-on-one service while saving time and taxpayer money!
The services listed below are available online or by mail. If you complete an application online, you will still need to schedule an appointment on the link below.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (appointment, mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com) To schedule an appointment to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, and Marriage record click HERE
- Fictitious Business Name Statements – To file a Fictitious Business Name Statement, please submit your completed application by mail, online or to schedule an appointment to file your Fictitious Business Name click HERE. You can call our office at (805) 654-2263 for more information.
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Real Property Recordings
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The County Clerk issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.