OCTOBER 29, 2021 – CLERK-RECORDER SCHEDULED OFFICE CLOSURE
The Ventura County Clerk-Recorder division will be closed on Friday, October 29, 2021, due to the conversion and implementation of its new land information system. Starting at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 28, 2021, more than 15 million index and images from the existing system will be converted to the new system.
The new land information system will have enhanced functionality that will improve operations and offer users better public search features.
We anticipate returning to normal operations by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, November 1, 2021. Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new and improved way of conducting business.
Ventura County Elections will remain open for business.
In person services are offered by appointment only!
- We respect your time. Why wait in line?
- Operating by appointment only is safer and more efficient! Customers receive personal, one-on-one service while saving time and taxpayer money!
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents only at this time.
- Marriage ceremonies are ONLY available at the Ventura office.
The services listed below are also available online or by mail:
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (appointment, mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com) To schedule an appointment to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, and Marriage record click HERE
- Fictitious Business Name Statements – To file a Fictitious Business Name Statement, please submit your completed application by mail or to schedule an appointment to file your Fictitious Business Name click HERE. You can call our office at (805) 654-2263 for more information.
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or email@example.com
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The County Clerk issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2022, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees