Due to concerns over the Coronavirus and based on orders from state and local health officials,
effective Wednesday, March 18 through April 19, the following has been implemented:
- All of the department’s offices (Ventura and Thousand Oaks East County office) are closed to the public.
- All Marriage Services (licenses and ceremonies) are suspended until further notice.
- All over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended until further notice. All recordings may be submitted electronically or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended until further notice.
The services listed below are still available online or by mail. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
If you have any questions, you can reach us at (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- Stay Well at Home Press Release – Public Health Officer Issues local Order to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Stay Well at Home Order
- Stay Well at Home Order (Spanish)
The County Clerk Division issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution, and State and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2020, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees