In person services are offered by appointment only!*
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents only at this time.
- Marriage ceremonies are unavailable until further notice.
*When visiting our office, you must submit to health screening before entering the building, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and face coverings are required.
The services listed below are also available online or by mail:
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (appointment, mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com) To schedule an appointment to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, and Marriage record click HERE
- Fictitious Business Name Statements – To file a Fictitious Business Name Statement, please submit your completed application by mail or to schedule an appointment to file your Fictitious Business Name click HERE. You can call our office at (805) 654-2263 for more information.
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or email@example.com
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The County Clerk issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2021, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees