The Ventura County Clerk is open for in-person services by appointment only. Customers are encouraged to conduct business with our office remotely, when possible, to limit in-person contact. Marriage licenses issued to Ventura County residents only.
When visiting our office, you must submit to health screening before entering the building, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and face coverings are required.
To schedule an appointment, please call (805) 654-2263.
The services listed below are available online or by mail.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, VitalChek.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, VitalChek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
The County Clerk Division issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution, and State and County Codes.
The Ventura County Clerk is open for in-person services by appointment only.
Effective January 1, 2020, the CEQA Document Filing fees will increase. CEQA Environmental Document Filing Fees