Marriage Ceremonies


After purchasing your marriage license, you have 90 days to have a ceremony performed. The County Clerk’s Office will perform a civil ceremony for $45. The ceremony takes place in the County Clerk’s Office, Government Center, Hall of Administration, Main Plaza, 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura. Bring at least one witness or no more than four guests. For confidential marriage license weddings, a witness is not required. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments are highly recommended. Please call (805) 654-2263 to schedule an appointment. If you require any special accommodations due to a disability, please contact our office beforehand so we can assist you with your request.

Marriage ceremonies are not available at the Thousand Oaks location.


The Ventura County Clerk and Recorder’s office offers an opportunity for individuals to be deputized for a day to perform a wedding ceremony. The couple requesting to be deputized should complete the form provided on our website or send a letter providing the following information:

●      Name of the parties
●      Full name of the person to be deputized
●      Telephone number and address of the contact person
●      The date of the wedding
●      A brief reason as to why this person is requesting to perform the marriage ceremony.

Mail application request to:

Ventura County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters
Attn: County Clerk
800 South. Victoria Avenue
Ventura, CA 93009-1260

Please Note: Once the request is received, the person being deputized will be receiving a phone call from the Clerks department to schedule an appointment. The deputizing process takes approximately 15 minutes, and located at 800 South Victoria Avenue Ventura, CA. 93009. $94 fee payment can be made at the time of the appointment, coordinate accordingly with the appointee. Walk-ins are not accepted, an appointment to be deputized is required.

If have any questions, please call our office at (805) 654-2263.

Application For Deputy Commissioner For Civil Marriage For A Day


For frequently asked questions regarding Marriage Officiant Information, please visit the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) website.


●      Contact a wedding chapel or a minister, priest, or rabbi.