Ventura County Elections Has Immediate Need for Election Workers
(Ventura) – Do you want to take part in our democracy? Do you enjoy public service? Apply to be a part of our awesome team! Ventura County Elections is seeking to fill 110 Temporary Intermittent Elections Voting Assistant positions immediately at an hourly rate of $21.93 to assist with the September 14, 2021 Gubernatorial Recall Election.
Example of duties:
• Process election ballots;
• Validate, process and/or check voter registration forms;
• Perform data entry;
• Assist in Vote Center;
• Receive and answer telephone calls;
• Operate a variety of office equipment;
• Recruit election workers and coordinate schedules;
• Help resolve complaints and issues while exercising tact and discretion;
• Assist the public and representatives from outside agencies in completing forms and explaining rules, regulations, and procedures; and
• Perform a variety of clerical duties.
Necessary Special Requirements:
• Must have the ability to possess, obtain, and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
• Incumbents must be able to work flexible hours: that is, overtime, evenings, and weekends.
• Be willing and able to perform routine and repetitive tasks which may include sitting for long periods of time.
• Must be willing and able to work in the Elections Division Office and In-Person Voting locations throughout Ventura County.
Interested parties can apply online for the Elections Voting Assistant position at ventura.org/jobs. We look forward to seeing you on our team soon!
Please visit VenturaVote.org or call (805) 654-2664 for additional information.