In person services are offered by appointment only!
- We respect your time. Why wait in line?
- Operating by appointment only is safer and more efficient! Customers receive personal, one-on-one service while saving time and taxpayer money!
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents only at this time.
The services listed below are also available online or by mail:
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (appointment, mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com). To schedule an appointment to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, and Marriage record click HERE
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail). To schedule an appointment to file a Fictitious Business Name click HERE
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The Recorder’s Division is responsible for the recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees and many other documents affecting title to real property in Ventura County. The division also maintains Uniform Commercial Code filings; subdivision maps, vital statistics, including birth, death and marriages within the county. This Division also creates digital images of real property and vital records and provides and maintains an efficient retrieval system to support the public’s requests for real property and vital records. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution, and State and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2022 there will be a fee increase to purchase certified copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates
Effective January 1, 2020, Government Release Recording fees will increase pursuant to Senate Bill 780 (Chapter 329)