Due to concerns over the Coronavirus and based on orders from state and local health officials,
effective Wednesday, March 18 through April 19, the following has been implemented:
- All of the department’s offices (Ventura and Thousand Oaks East County office) are closed.
- All Marriage Services (licenses and ceremonies) are suspended until further notice.
- All over-the-counter Document Recording Services are suspended until further notice. All recordings may be submitted electronically or via mail.
- Attorney service document recording drop-offs and pick-ups are suspended until further notice.
The services listed below are still available online or by mail. No over-the-counter service will be available until further notice.
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalcheck.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
If you have any questions, you can reach us at (805) 654-2263 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- Stay Well at Home Press Release – Public Health Officer Issues local Order to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Stay Well at Home Order
- Stay Well at Home Order (Spanish)
The Recorder’s Division is responsible for the recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees and many other documents affecting title to real property in Ventura County. The division also maintains Uniform Commercial Code filings; subdivision maps, vital statistics, including birth, death and marriages within the county. This Division also creates digital images of real property and vital records and provides and maintains an efficient retrieval system to support the public’s requests for real property and vital records. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution, and State and County Codes.
Effective January 1, 2020, Government Release Recording fees will increase pursuant to Senate Bill 780 (Chapter 329)