- We respect your time. Why wait in line?
- Operating by appointment is safer and more efficient! Customers receive personal, one-on-one service while saving time and taxpayer money!
What’s New / Upcoming Elections
Proposition 17 removed being on parole as a barrier to voter registration. As such, the current eligibility requirements to register to vote in California are as follows (for ease of identification, the revised bullet is in italicized font):
- A United States citizen and a resident of California,
- 18 years old or older on Election Day,
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court.
On April 8, 2021, the County of Ventura Elections Division approved the petition format for circulation in the recall of 2nd District County Supervisor Linda Parks. The proponents have 160 days to circulate the petition, which must be submitted in its entirety no later than September 14, 2021. A minimum of 11,067 qualified signatures (10% of registered voters in the 2nd Supervisorial District) are required. The recall process is detailed in the Secretary of State procedures guide for local officers.
City of Oxnard, District 2 Special Vacancy Election has been called for November 2, 2021