Vote by Mail
Remember to sign the back of your Vote By Mail return envelope!
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I get my Vote By Mail ballot?
Your ballot will be mailed approximately 28 days (May 9, 2022) before Election Day. Mark your ballot, then place it in the provided postage-paid return envelope. Sign the back of your envelope and return it via mail, at any Ballot Drop Box, or at any Vote Center – it’s that simple!
What is the deadline to mail my ballot?
Your ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day (June 7, 2022) and received by the Elections Division by June 14, 2022.
Can I drop my Vote by Mail ballot off in person rather than mail it back?
Yes. You can return it to any Vote Center by 8pm on Election Day.
Vote Center Locations (coming soon)
What if I lost, spoiled, or never received my ballot?
If you lost, spoiled, or never received your ballot, complete and return the Affidavit to Request a Replacement Ballot to the Elections Division. Applications must be received by May 31st to allow enough time to mail a replacement ballot.
Please Note: If you missed the May 31st deadline, and are unable to vote in person, you may download a California Late Vote-By-Mail Application and have a friend, family member, neighbor, or other representative deliver your completed form in person to a Vote Center. We will issue a ballot in your name, and they may deliver it to you.
Once you mark your ballot, and fill out and sign the return envelope, you can personally or through your authorized representative return it to the Ventura County Elections Division or any Vote Center by 8 pm on Election Day. The late Vote By Mail ballot cannot be issued or returned by mail.
How do I know my Vote By Mail ballot was counted?
Voters can track the status of their Vote By Mail ballot. Sign up for ballot tracking for free with WheresMyBallot
Forms & Links
Unsigned Ballot Envelope Statement
- If you received an unsigned Vote By Mail envelope notification from our office, complete and return the form below to the Elections Division.
Unsigned Ballot Envelope Statement (English)
- Unsigned Ballot Envelope Statement (Spanish)
Signature Verification Statement
- If you received a Vote By Mail signature mismatch notification from our office, complete and return the form below to the Elections Division.
Signature Verification Statement (English)
- Signature Verification Statement (Spanish)
Military Absentee Ballot Information
- If you are a Ventura County resident and are Military personnel, a spouse or dependent of Military personnel not living in Ventura County; or are a U.S. Citizen living outside of the United States and whose last County of Residence was Ventura County and you would like to register to vote, click on either link below.
Federal Postcard Application
Remote Accessible Vote By Mail Ballot (RAVBM)
- Remote Accessible Vote By Mail Ballot (RAVBM) is available to all voters. The RAVBM system allows voters to download and mark their ballot privately and independently using their own assistive technology. Voters can print the marked ballot and return it to the Elections Division to be counted. Sign up for the RAVBM program by completing the online form found in the link below.
Remote Accessible Vote By Mail Request
MULTILINGUAL VOTING INFORMATION FORMS
- Vote By Mail Facsimile Ballot Application (Bumoto Sa pamamagitan ng Mail Facsimile Application ng Balota)
- Vote By Mail Facsimile Ballot Application (通過郵件傳真投票申請表決)
- Vote By Mail Facsimile Ballot Application (Bình chọn qua thư ứng dụng phiếu bầu facsimile)
- Vote By Mail Facsimile Ballot Application (મેઇલ ફેસીમીલ બેલેટ એપ્લિકેશન દ્વારા મત આપો)