Vote By Mail
California law allows anyone desiring to become a Permanent Vote By Mail voter to apply and receive a ballot by mail for all elections. If you would like to automatically receive a Vote By Mail ballot for future elections, complete the Permanent Vote By Mail application.
TO OBTAIN A VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT
A registered voter who has not requested to be a Permanent Vote By Mail voter should submit a completed Vote By Mail ballot application, send a personal letter to the county elections official or call (805) 654-2664 to request a ballot. All applications must reach the Ventura County Elections Division no later than seven days before the election. The earlier the better.
MAIL YOUR BALLOT APPLICATION TO:
Ventura County Elections Division
800 South Victoria Avenue
Ventura, CA 93009-1200
DROP OFF COMPLETED VOTE BY MAIL BALLOTS AT THESE LOCATIONS.
- List of Ballot Drop Boxes – (Information Available Soon)
THE APPLICATION OR LETTER MUST CONTAIN:
- The voter’s name as registered
- The registered voter’s Ventura County residence address
- The address to which the Vote By Mail ballot should be sent, if different from the registered voter’s Ventura County residence address
- The name and date of the election for which the applicant wants the Vote By Mail ballot
- The voter’s signature
Once the application is processed by the Ventura County Elections Division, the proper ballot will be mailed to the voter.