Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) advises and assists the Registrar of Voters (ROV) in making polling sites accessible to all voters.
- Assist and advise County elections officials in outreach programs and materials about accessibility
- Advise County elections officials about accessibility of registration and voting systems and barriers to participation by the elderly and persons with disabilities
- Recommend useful mechanisms to overcome barriers
- Advise County elections officials in surveying polling place accessibility in compliance with the current guidelines
- Advise County election officials on poll worker training materials as it relates to accessibility
- Assist in the recruitment of poll workers who are representative of persons with disabilities and elderly voters
The committee is comprised of representatives from:
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD)
- VC ARC Foundation
- VC Area Agency on Aging (VAAA)
- HSA Veterans
- Moorpark College
- Independent Living Resource Center, Inc. (ILRC)
- Secretary of California State Council on Development Disabilities
- Tri-Counties Regional Center
Dates and times are subject to change.
Ventura County Government Center
Hall of Justice, Pacific Conference Room
800 South Victoria Avenue
Ventura, CA 93009
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
October 16, 2019
Please contact 805-654-2747 with questions or to request ISR interpreter services or call-in information.