Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) advises and assists the Registrar of Voters (ROV) in making polling sites accessible to all voters.
- Assist and advise County elections officials in outreach programs and materials about accessibility
- Advise County elections officials about accessibility of registration and voting systems and barriers to participation by the elderly and persons with disabilities
- Recommend useful mechanisms to overcome barriers
- Advise County elections officials in surveying polling place accessibility in compliance with the current guidelines
- Advise County election officials on poll worker training materials as it relates to accessibility
- Assist in the recruitment of poll workers who are representative of persons with disabilities and elderly voters
The committee is comprised of representatives from:
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD)
- VC ARC Foundation
- VC Area Agency on Aging (VAAA)
- HSA Veterans
- Moorpark College
- Independent Living Resource Center, Inc. (ILRC)
- Secretary of California State Council on Development Disabilities
- Tri-Counties Regional Center
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Ventura County Government Center, 800 S. Victoria Ave, Ventura, CA 93009
The Ventura County Elections Division will be holding its upcoming January 2020 Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) meeting on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 2:00 p.m., in the Mediterranean Conference Room (MCR) located on the third floor of the Hall of Administration Building located at the Ventura County Government Center. We hope you are able to attend the meeting. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.