East County Office
In person services are offered by appointment only!*
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents only at this time.
- Marriage ceremonies are unavailable until further notice.
*When visiting our office, you must submit to health screening before entering the building, adhere to social distancing guidelines, and face coverings are required.
The services listed below are also available online or by mail:
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (mail)
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The Ventura County Clerk and Recorder has an East County office location! This office is located at 2100 East Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Suite A, Thousand Oaks, and is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and alternating Friday’s from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Clerk and Recorder issues marriage licenses, performs wedding ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, notary registrations and clerk certificates, records real property documents, and issues certified copies of birth, death and marriage records at this location. Marriage licenses and ceremonies in Thousand Oaks are by appointment only. Please call (805) 654-2263 or (805) 449-2157 to schedule an appointment.
Phone: (805) 449-2157