In person services are offered by appointment only!
- We respect your time. Why wait in line?
- Operating by appointment only is safer and more efficient! Customers receive personal, one-on-one service while saving time and taxpayer money!
- Marriage licenses will be issued to Ventura County residents only at this time.
- Marriage ceremonies are ONLY available at the Ventura office.
The services listed below are also available online or by mail:
- Vital Records: Birth, Death and Marriage (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com, Appointment)
- Fictitious Business Name Statements (appointment, online, or by mail )
- Official Record Copies (mail or third party vendor, Vitalchek.com, Appointment)
- Notary Public Registrations (mail)
- Authentications (mail)
- Environmental Impact Reports (mail with fee – postings only email accepted)
- Professional Registrations (process server, photocopier, legal document assistant and unlawful detainer assistant registrations) (mail)
- Electronic recordings can only be completed through an authorized submitter
If you have any questions, you can reach us at:
Clerk – (805) 654-2263 or email@example.com
Recorder – (805) 654-3665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
ABOUT THE VENTURA COUNTY CLERK-RECORDER, REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
The County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters is an elective office with three divisions: The County Clerk, Recorder and Elections (Registrar of Voters).
The County Clerk issues marriage licenses, performs civil marriage ceremonies, processes fictitious business name filings, and provides for the qualification and registration of notaries, process servers and miscellaneous statutory oaths and other filings. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
The Recorder is responsible for the recording of deeds, deeds of trust, court decrees and other documents affecting title to real property in Ventura County. The division also maintains Uniform Commercial Code filings: subdivision maps and, vital statistics including birth, death and marriages within the county. This Division also creates digital images of real property and vital records and provides and maintains an efficient retrieval system to support public for this information. All functions of the office are conducted under provisions of the State Constitution and County Codes.
The Elections Division conducts all Federal, State, County, school and special district elections in the County, as well as the general municipal elections for all 10 Ventura County cities. It administers voter registration and outreach programs, maintains the master voter file, master office and incumbent file, and master street index. The division also; processes Vote By Mail ballot requests and all voted ballots, as well as the layout and proofing of all sample ballots, official ballots, and voter information materials. Other essential responsibilities include; establishing precinct boundaries and polling place locations, recruiting and training precinct workers, maintaining tests and distributing voting equipment and conducting the official election canvass.